Saturday, August 31, 2024

Blog Post #1- 20 Questions

 

BLOG POST #1: Research begins with questions, curiosities, and wonderings.  What do you wonder about in relation to your professional life? What questions do you have about things you care about in the world?  What burning questions do you want to figure out in your work-space? Something that is working (and why)? Something that is not working (and why)? Something you want to figure out… For this first blog post, make a list:  an actual list of at least 20 questions that you genuinely would like to know the answer to.

  1. What do I want to do as a job for the rest of my career?
  2. Do I want to work with young children?
  3. Why is upper management not considering what isn't working for the company?
  4. How is my job low on funding when they are part of a national franchise?
  5. How come my job's salary funding comes primarily from grants?
  6. Do celebrities and athletes who were former members of the BGC donate to our club?
  7. Why does management only train youth workers and directors for a short time?
  8. How come the BGC only has one 13-seat passenger van and hundreds of youth?
  9. Is there room for growth at my job?
  10. Do I want to continue to work for my job? 
  11. Why is the serving station in the middle of the games room? Is that the best place for it?
  12. Why are we beginning programs without having the staff to cover?
  13. How do you get hired for one position and set of hours and just get switched to another?
  14. How can I help children and have a career doing it?
  15. Am I ready to be a boss or ready to just coast into retirement? 
  16. Can I quit my second job and still survive?
  17. Is there a perfect job out there for me?
  18. What must I do to move ahead from my current position?
  19. Will having my Master's get me into a more lucrative position?
  20. Why don't I know what I want to do by now?



6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, I too wonder what I want to be when I grow up!! It is difficult to be at this point in our lives still searching for that "just right" position. I think that the fact that we continue to search and learn will help us to get there. If all else fails we are not too far from retirement. Maybe when we no longer need to work we will find a job we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes, retirement is around the corner, knocking at our door, haha

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracy. I can totally relate to being unsure about the next phase of my career. I'm trying to let things unfold and stay open to opportunities. (I've never been particularly ambitious.) I have had very little interaction with BGC and am curious to learn more about the organization from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I'm still learning about the BGC organization. At the end of this month, I'll have been with them for about a year. I, too, am trying to let things unfold and stay open to opportunities.

      Delete
  3. The struggle is real! I feel like I see your confidence growing with each class you take -- so more than the degree, I wonder if that will influence the way you feel and interact with your job and the hierarchy. No answers here. Just wonderings.

    ReplyDelete

Blog#3 Research Pizza menu/Reverse outline

  BLOG POST #3:   Write up this article in one of two ways:  1) Create a reverse outline of this article. How does the author set up their...